Code of Conduct
As a member of the Western Titans BMX Club, you are expected to abide by the following code.
- arrive for training and competition in good time to prepare properly
- wear suitable kit (including a helmet) and clothing for all cycling activity sessions, as agreed with the coach
- warm up and cool down properly on all occasions
- play within the rules and respect officials and all their decisions
- be a good sport by applauding all good performances, whether they are made by my club or the opposition
- control my temper – verbal abuse of officials and other riders, or deliberately distracting/provoking an opponent is not acceptable or permitted behaviour in any sport
- work equally hard for myself and my club
- respect the rights, dignity and worth of all participants regardless of their gender, ability, disability, cultural background or religion
- pay any fees promptly
- abide by the rule that junior members are not allowed to smoke on club premises or while representing the club at competitions
- abide by the rule that junior members are not allowed to consume alcohol or drugs of any kind on club premises or while representing the club
- treat all participants in cycling as I would like to be treated – not bullying or taking unfair advantage of another participant
- cooperate with my coach, club mates and opponents – remember, without them there would be no competition
- thank officials and opponents after competition.